Thursday 26 September 2013

Stove and Cookware

Like many outdoor enthusiasts I have quite a selection of stoves and cookware for camping that I have collected across the years, decades even. My current set up is not the lightest that I own but I use it on all but the longest of multi day trips because of convenience. It is extremely quick! It is the Jetboil Sol Titanium. As with most things I have made some adaptations that work for me.


The Jetboil in a netting drawstring bag
I have replaced the plastic heat exchanger cover with an Evernew Companion Cup, this came about after I cracked the plastic cover. I cannot claim this idea as my own as I picked it up from Bob at backpackinglight in one of his Outdoor Station video podcast things. This allows me more versatility as, at a push, I can cook in the cup as well using the pot stand that comes in the Jetboil kit. 

Zip bags of Coffee and Tea
Titanium Spork sits on the Gas cannister.
The Gas is carried inside the pot with a titanium Spork and cleaning pad/cloth(stops any rattle from Gas Cannister in pot), along with the small zipseal bags with instant tea and coffee.
The entire contents.
 I mix a little extra whole milk powder, whole milk powder doesn't have that nasty taste that normal powdered milk does, and sugar into the instant tea and add sugar to the instant coffee.

In addition I always carry a lighter and a couple of solid fuel tablets, like Esbit but cheap ones, so in the event of the Jetboil not working, I can sit the pot on a burning tablet. The heat exchanger holds the pot above the burning tablet at just the right height. It works quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment